As promised, here is KOA’s before/during/after compilation.
Important things to Know:
* The daily application process takes no more than 1 minute per day. Besides a brief dabbing away of bedding and drainage in the early stages, DUST ON use requires no washing, no pulling scabs, and no wrapping in most cases. With a barn full of over 50 horses, we can honestly guarantee that you have never used a product that takes less work on your part, and produces the least amount of stress on your horse.
* DUST ON is all-natural. No chemicals.
* DUST ON! allows the body to heal naturally, meaning that it allows proper amounts of granulation tissue to cover the entire wound, then creating a healthy and BREATHABLE scab.
NOTE: A few weeks into use on a wound like KOA’S the scab will become big and chunky. This is what we want! You will be tempted to mess with it. Please don’t. For DUST ON to work as designed, the scab must stay in place. Don’t fret, you are not drying out the wound. The healing happens underneath the scab. In fact, removing the scab means that you now must start all over again, extending healing time, adding to your horse’s discomfort, and making scarring more likely.
* DUST ON! controls bacteria without being caustic, (This means that it does not damage live tissue, which also means scarring is far less likely.)
* DUST ON works extremely well on proud flesh. In fact, stay tuned on this FB page. Our next videologue series will be on proud flesh. We are currently documenting a significant case right now. It has been amazing to see the difference DUST ON has made in just 3 days.
LAST NOTE: I must reemphasize one point above. Take a look on this FB page and watch the KOA DAY 1,2, and 3 Videos. (1 minute each). It is important that when using DUST ON that you follow the usage demonstrated in those videos. Why, you ask? Well, many of DUST ON’s biggest fans and even some of our best friends decide that they should tinker. (They feel a little guilty that they’ve only spent 1 minute a day on that wound) Here are a few things we’d ask them NOT to do…… Perhaps they decide that the scab should be softened so they add creams and ointments. Maybe they decide that the scab should be removed altogether so they wash and soak and pick and pluck; or they decide they should wrap day after day after day. All of this tinkering will significantly slow the process, or much worse. (For example: proud flesh, infection, scarring, etc) The product slogan should be “Just Dust On – and Keep It Simple!”
Just trust the powder. Or as author, Craig Alanson, likes to say,
“Trust the Awesomeness.”
The powder will do its job.
Final Thought: Equine healing has evolved over millions of years. In the wild; an open wound drains, granulation tissue grows over the wound, the wound scabs over, and the wound heals by stitching itself together from the edges inward. No creams, sprays, or ointments are needed for this healing. DUST ON re-enforces and speeds up this natural process, it does not try to reimagine natures design.
No Thrush – PRO TIP – July 2015… “**Shedding Frog**” We received a private message from a woman whose horse was shedding its frog. The answer is valuable, so we thought we’d share to all….
While frog shedding is normal, if you have never experienced it, it can look scary. In fact, sometimes the entire V of the frog will shed at once, which really looks daunting.
Usually thrush is the procuring cause of the shedding.
Here is why: Thrush wants to invade and live deep inside the heel tissue, and of course you can’t see it or smell it because it is so deep. [This is why we preach so hard about eliminating the heel cracks and deep collateral grooves. These are bacteria access points.] — Anyway, when the thrush has run it course deep inside, this action can undermine the frog.
However, when active thrush is present, the frog tissue will literally hang on for dear-life. The body does not want to allow it to shed because it is the only protection for the soft, tender, and vulnerable tissue underneath. ….
So here is the No Thrush “tip.” —- If you see the frog begin to shed [ perhaps an edge, or even a big section looks to be dislodging and “flappy” under your hoof pick] get aggressive with your No Thrush dustings. Once per day is best. The powder will draw out the deep bacteria and breeding ground and take care of the “thrush” problem. If the thrush was severe, and the frog has been undermined, the rest of the frog may fully shed away. This is a good sign. This is the body’s way of breathing a sigh of relief. It no longer needs to fight the thrush, so the body allows the necrotic/dead tissue to fall away.
But you are not quite done…. Keep using your NT every few days. This will help firm up that new tender tissue and allow it to regrow properly. No Thrush is not caustic, so it will not inhibit natural grow…. As the new frog continues to grow you can slowly back off. The A-to-Z timing will be based on the speed of your horse’s natural growth rate. [usually 20-50 days] No Thrush is not “making” the tissue grow, it is “allowing” it to grow. Meanwhile the powder is protecting the new/tender tissue from being invaded by a whole new round of thrush.
Dust On! is an All-Natural, All-In-One powdered wound dressing. The best explanation of the product is: Dust On! is a powdered, breathable Band Aid.
Right now, you are probably using cream, sprays to deal with wounds. Therefore you have two options:
1. You put on a cream and DON’T wrap it. In this case the wound/cream now collects all of the dirt, dust, and debris of the surroundings. This option requires that you wash the wound daily. It is very work-intensive.
2. You use a cream/spray and DO wrap the wound. Well, we all know that when you remove a wrapping, it is more often than not smelly and infected. Now you must deal with the wound AND the infection. This is also work-intensive, as the wrapping/bandaging must be changed every day.
With DUST On! you wash the wound on day #1 to remove the collected debris, allow the area to dry, and then you puff the powder onto the wound. That’s it. Do this 1-2 times per day, which will create a super strong “Breathable” scab. The word “breathable” is the key. The powder allows air to penetrate, while also forming a protective (and natural) scab barrier. One the scab is firm, simply puff DUST ON onto the wound area once per day until the scab falls off on its own. When this occurs you will find the wound gone.
Finally, DUST ON! is called “All-In-ONE” Because it is also a blood-stopper, it protects attacking, drawing, and absorbing bacteria and infection, it allows the body to heal naturally without caustic chemicals , and it creates a protective barrier against the elements.
For more info, log onto http://www.nothrushshop.com/dust_on.html